Lita's Kitchen
I know what you're thinking...OMG! Another review of Lita's. I apologize in advance ;P but I have a blog and sometimes (if not most of the time) this pink little lamb follows the flock. ;)
I first heard about the news from her Royal Highness Queen Desert Girl on Kuwait. I was really excited about authentic Mexican food coming to Kuwait. I told my Hayati who is the King of food and trying new restaurants in K-town. He asked me how I heard about them before they even opened. What he meant was how did I hear about them before he did. I explained on Arifjan where he knows I have several Mexican, American friends. *BIG Liar*
Not too long after reading DG's post I saw on Mark's Blog 248AM that they were open. I called Hayati from work and told him the good news. I knew this meant we would be eating Lita's that night. I was right and he went to Mahboula while I was still at work. He had no clue where it was or any address or map. I just told him Mahboula. Lol! He drove everywhere and searched for the place. I was almost home before he found the location.
He went in and met Mr. Khalid Mulla and his Mother. He called me on the telephone so he could read the menu to me. I am super picky and Mr. Khalid overheard him struggling to get my order. Before I knew it Mr. Khalid was talking to me on the phone and helping me decide what to order. He is such a sweet man and I loved his personality. I told him all the extras I wanted and when he passed the telephone back to my sweetheart he told him that I'm going to cost him a lot. Mr. Khalid ~ you have no idea! ;P
I then asked my sweetie to please take pics for me so I can see what the place looks like. Well, he didn't end up doing that the first night because he was too embarrassed. I forced him to take pics the second night. :P
Fresh ingredients from the US, Mexico and Dubai.
Mr. Khalid and his sweet Mexican Mother in the kitchen.
Specialty Nachos
The first night I had the specialty Nachos with cheese, Charro beans, salsa, guacamole and sour cream. I also had their shredded beef enchiladas (not shown) with refried beans, rice, sour cream and guacamole. I've had Mexican food in Mexico and Texas many times but their food is different. Most of the restaurants I ate at might be considered more Tex Mex because the Mexican chefs make it Americanized. I thought the food was okay the first night.
Hayati ordered the beef shredded tacos and loved them. He really enjoyed every bite. He went on and on how nice the Mullas were and how the ingredients looked fresh and authentic. Mr. Khalid even gave him two pieces of their Mexican cake and a box of cinnamon & caramel baked tortillas. This was my favorite part of the meal. Thank you Mr. Khalid. :*
Shredded beef tacos, rice and refried beans
I received a call from work the second night and he wanted to go to Lita's again to try some of their other dishes. I laughed at how cute it was that my Kuwaiti loves their Mexican food so much. He ended up buying enough food for both his family and I.
The second night I tried their shredded beef tacos (picture above) since my sweetie loved them so much the first night. I thought they were good but different than any tacos I've ever had.
My secret & simple guacamole.
I went to Sultan Center the second night before we had Lita's and purchased the best quality avocados to make my own guacamole. I thought Lita's guacamole was okay but I have a secret recipe to make my own. I only make it once in a while because good quality avocados are not easy to find in Kuwait. The Tortilla chips were all I could find at the Sultan Center. When I tried Lita's guacamole the second night I did like it better than the first night.
My guacamole got a thumbs up!
Fajitas from Lita's after I bedazzled them. :P
The second night we also had one beef and one chicken Fajitas. I added shredded cheese (two different kinds) and cold sour cream with my guacamole on top. They were great! I know I turned Authentic Mexican into AmeriMexican. heehee.
Close up shot!
I look forward to trying Lita's again once they've been open for a while. They just started and I bet they will get better and better as time goes by. My other half loves their food and I am sure he will be a regular customer. Thank you Mr. Khalid and Mama. I wish you the very best with your charming, little, Mexican, takeout restaurant.
Images by E&TC and her other half