It's a Gorgeous Morning in Kuwait and I'm Doing Laundry


The Fantasy

Good morning Kuwait :* :* :* Today I am forcing myself to wash clothes because I have piles of dirty laundry that need immediate attention. I'm looking at the beautiful view of the Arabian Gulf from my apartment window and catching up on this blog. Breakfast this morning consists of American coffee with a piece of left over cheesecake from dinner last night. I'm on my first cup of coffee and the delicious cheesecake is almost gone. I woke up around 0900 hrs and decided to get a lot of stuff done around the house this morning and blog in between. I'm just going to post about a little of this and a little of that.

I spoke to my Father late last night after dinner and he is doing really well. He had a small surgery and it was very successful. Thank you God for taking care of my Daddy. My Mother is nursing him back to health and she said he had just taken a pain pill before I called. They had me on speaker phone and we laughed and laughed. I'm lucky that I have such loving parents and I can tell them ‘almost’ anything.

I'm not that superstitious but a few weeks ago a black cat ran in front of my car. I had a little bad luck surrounded by mostly good luck so I guess I can't complain. Yesterday before work I was starting up my vehicle and guess what animal was pooping in front of my car? Yep, another stray black cat. What does this mean besides...disgusting! Maybe it's good luck?

Yesterday was a gorgeous day as well. I literally drove all over Kuwait for my job in safety and that included the desert past Jahra. It was pretty windy so the sand blew a little but thanks to the rain we had it wasn't too bad. After work I went straight to the salon for my weekly deep conditioning treatment and massage. Kuwait weather is not good for my long hair so the treatments work wonders to keep it soft and shiny. Before I took my profile photo I cut some of my hair off for spring/summer so it wouldn't be too long. It's still long so my Hayati didn't pout.

I love my hair stylist and she has the sweetest disposition. With my busy as hell schedule she stays late just for me and takes her time. The salon is very far from my apartment and the prices are extremely high but I would never go anywhere else. Last night she was upset about her staff and complained the entire time. I don't mind if she shares with me a little but I think she forgets that I am a customer. I have enough stress at work and the salon is where I really go to unwind and relax.

After my hair was done I quickly drove home to get ready for dinner with him. The traffic wasn't too bad once I reached 30 and the cars that were flashing and car hugging gave up long before I reached home. (Mentioned for my favorite American Cougar ;) I looked at your website after not seeing it for a very long time and it looks amazing!)  I ran upstairs and dumped my bags on the chair, tinkled, brushed my teeth, applied some of the MAC Wonder Woman cosmetics I purchased and ran outside. In the elevator I realized I forgot to put on my jewelry. I ran back upstairs and opened the safe and picked out a few things that he bought me. My favorite thing he surprised me with at Christmas never keeps the time or date. If you don't wear it every day then its way off and you have to set it again. I usually put it on and wear it with the wrong time and date. He wants me to wear it every day and enjoy it but I'm afraid the gold will scratch and the diamonds will fall out. The warranty is for two years but I'm sure it doesn't cover everything.  He said he would just buy me a new one if it's broken beyond repair and I believe him. ;) Still, I want to keep it for weekends only and special occasions.

Dinner was great because we were too excited to see each other after suffering from a busy week. He wants to meet every night when he doesn't have to work late. I just don't have the time and I wake up earlier than he does. I keep teasing him that he needs to go to dewaniya like a normal Kuwaiti guy but he isn't typical by any means. He was in an excellent mood and I was wide awake. I asked him if he liked my eye makeup and he frowned. "Why are you wearing makeup when you don't need it?" (Yes, I do with my pale winter skin but you are blinded by love!) I want to wear the new MAC colors and dinner with him isn't just a lip gloss occasion.   

I told him it's the MAC Wonder Woman collection and he laughed at me. We had such a terrific time until he brought up marriage and wanting to start a family. I feel very guilty for continuing to be indecisive.  I'm sure about him but not about spending my life here forever so far from my family.  I always thought I would return to American to start a family.  I pray that I don't lose him.  I just wish we could stay like we are for a while longer and not get pressured into following what society tells us we should do.  He could tell by my silence that what he said hurt me.  I could tell I hurt him too and we started talking about his work again. 

I’m shocked and very sad to hear that Watiniya Airways has closed down. I loved flying with them to Dubai and Bahrain. Their Canadian flight attendants were awesome and so was their first class service. (Minus the missing alcohol.) Before I met him, they used to send a sports car to pick me from my house and take me home which was included in the price. The terminal and lounge was very comfortable but I did miss the main terminal shopping. Kuwaiti customs was extremely relaxed and friendly at their private terminal. And that’s all I can write about that…;P

Farewell Wataniya and I hope you will be able to return again soon. I want to wish all of my readers a lovely weekend with their friends and family.

xoxo E&TC

The Reality

Corbis Image


Blog Archive