Two Violators Arrested in Kuwait on the First Day of Ramadan


Arab Times Kuwait, 11 August 2010

‘Fast’ violators held: On the first day of Ramadan police have arrested two men for eating in public, reports Al-Watan Arabic daily.  One of those arrested is an Egyptian. He was caught drinking water from a water cooler in front of a wedding hall in Hassawi.  His case has been registered at the Faiha Police Station.

The second man to be arrested is an Asian. He was caught by the Farwaniya police while eating a banana.

Arab Times Article Link

Yesterday, while driving home from work I almost forgot and drank a sip of water. It's extremely hot in Kuwait and I was really thirsty. Thank goodness I remembered because you are not allowed to drink except on a US military installation or the privacy of your own home. I could make it without food during the day but I can't imagine going without water in this heat or my morning coffee. I really admire the devout Muslims who work all day in this hot weather and adhere to the fast. They are very dedicated to their religion. 



Blog Archive