Tonight was the second time in a week that I had an aggressive beggar approach me while I was in my car. I don't know if it's just a coincidence or the fact that I was in 'Mahboula', or because of the nice car I was driving that was given to me for my birthday. Whatever the reason it scared me to death both times. Each time featured fat, scary men (1st Asian / 2nd Egyptian) that came up to my car and started demanding money. I thought I was about to get mugged or carjacked.
This is Kuwait and I'm a blonde, blue-eyed Western girl who feels safer here then her native America. What is going on lately or was I always just too naive? Both times that this occurred I had my doors locked and I quickly rolled up my window all the way when the men approached my car. Both times they knocked hard on my window and hit my car when I wouldn't roll down my window. It was scary and I got angry. So angry tonight that when the thug hit my car with his fist I wanted to jump out and hit him. Of course I didn't because I don't currently have a death wish.
If anyone reading this is in the Kuwaiti Police force can you please clean up the Fintas / Mahboula area? There are aggressive beggars and Chinese hookers roaming the streets scaring expat girls.