Pride And Joy: My Latest CD and also a RocketHub Project....

Some of you may know that I have finally released a CD which features my Mad Science fusiony organ trio called Pride and Joy. It's on the Piloo Records label(http://www.piloorecords.com/) and it's also available on Itunes and CDBaby(http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/gcmadscience). This was a real labor of love: it took about two years to get it mixed, mastered and pressed. Not that it actually took that long; it was only because I was otherwise occupied with moving to Canada and my son being born, etc... But it's finally out, and I am quite proud of it.

Tom Guarna
This band has existed in a few different configurations: the first two CDs featured drumming phenom Rodney Holmes( Mad Science(Sunny Sky), which also featured saxophonist Gary Thomas, and Realization(Sirocco) respectively). Brooklyn-born Tom Guarna has been a constant from the beginning, which was about 10 years ago. The drum chair is now occupied by a young musical wizard named Kenny Grohowski. He's an interesting talent: studied with Jimmy Cobb at the new school, and can also play speed metal! He can do it all.

Kenny Grohowski
It's a great combination of musicians, on and off the band stand. It's got a lot of contemporary energy combined with old school sophistication.(or something......do I sound like I know what I'm talking about?)We haven't been so successful in bringing the band to a theater near you in the past few years, for perhaps a multitude of reasons. One of the most important reasons is lack of funding.(If only Mad Science was a subsidiary of Haliburton! Then we'd be part of "rebuilding" Iraq....) However, there is a new trend on the rise called  crowdfunding.

Crowdfunding is a 21st century mix of patronage/cyber-busking. You post a project that needs funding and people can basically donate money to help you. It's pretty simple. I've set up a project at Rockethub.com(http://www.rockethub.com/projects/845-pride-and-joy-promotional-tour). As of this writing, I have one person who has donated! I figure, hey, it's worth a shot. But in all seriousness, I've dreamed of getting this band off the ground for a long time. Maybe this might be our chance.

So no pressure of course, but remember, as a wiseman once said: The Greatest Nation is A Small Do-nation!

Blog Archive